iMOVE has now opened its Industry PhD Program for applications. This is an exciting opportunity for companies and government to work closely with the best and brightest students to develop new technology, processes and thinking.
The program pairs businesses with PhD students to work on an agreed topic over a three-year period. The student has academic and iMOVE support, access to additional professional development activities, as well as a competitive stipend over this period.
Benefits for the industry partner are:
- A high-quality R&D resource for the business
- In-depth investigation of a topic
- Ongoing assistance from the university and iMOVE
- Connections to many other organisations and networks in the same and related areas
- Access to industry events and opportunities through iMOVE
- Develop up-and-coming talent
Companies can form iMOVE Industry PhD projects in a few ways, including:
- Contacting us with topics/thoughts, and to find the right university / student when ready
- Talking to existing iMOVE university partners directly to develop a project
Universities can also approach industry/government partners to develop a project idea before applying to iMOVE.
Visit our Transport Research Activities page for a guide to what research topics fall within iMOVE areas of interest.
You are welcome to contact us with any questions about how to progress an idea.
PhD funding is $40k a year, which includes the student stipend and a travel and materials allowance for the project. The industry / government partner contributes $20k per annum, the remaining $20k is contributed by iMOVE and the university combined.
Who is eligible?
Any ‘industry’ participant (business / government) – you don’t need to be an existing iMOVE CRC partner
Universities must be one of the 17 that is an iMOVE partner
Find out more
More from iMOVE CRC