We are in the midst of a digital revolution with new digital technologies driving innovation, enabling new services and transforming the ways we learn, work, and interact with family, friends and the community.
Territorians are being encouraged to help shape the digital future of the Territory by having their say on the NT Government’s ‘Towards a Digital Strategy for the Northern Territory’ discussion paper.
“We are seeking your views and contributions to the development of the strategy,” said Minister for Corporate and Information Services Lauren Moss.
“The strategy will create the framework to diversify and strengthen digital capabilities for Territory communities and businesses.”
This discussion paper will inform the creation of a Digital Territory Strategy which will identify the digital objectives and priorities over the next five years and outline a roadmap of actions to:
- drive economic development and jobs growth in the Territory
- support children and prepare them for the digital challenges and opportunities they face
- strengthen government delivery of better services in the bush
- help build vibrant, safe and sustainable communities and
- restore trust in Government.
The final strategy will provide the framework to establish the Territory as an active contributor to the global digital economy.
Territorians can provide feedback by:
- visiting www.haveyoursay.nt.gov.au to download the discussion paper and complete an online survey,
- lodging written comments via email to email@example.com or
- attending a free public forum.
Public forums are being held in Darwin on Monday 25 September 2017 and Alice Springs on Thursday 28 September 2017.
The closing date for feedback is 13 October 2017.
Source: NT Government