Australian researchers collaborating with Chinese partners on industry-based projects can apply for funding under the third round of the Australia-China Science and Research Fund (ACSRF) – Joint Research Centres.
This round of funding will support up to six new ACSRF – Joint Research Centres in areas relevant to the Australian Government’s Industry Growth Centres initiative and our Science and Research Priorities.
The Australian Government will provide up to $1 million over three years to successful Australian consortia for projects that link Australian and Chinese research institutions to build research capacity, maximise the application and commercialisation of research outcomes, and boost collaboration between researchers and industry. The Chinese Government will support the Chinese partners’ participation in these activities.
The priority areas for this ACSRF Joint Research Centres round were first announced during Chinese Premier Li Keqiang’s visit to Australia in March 2017. During the visit, the Prime Minister and Premier Li also announced the establishment of the Australia‑China Dialogue on Innovation.
My department will be holding information sessions on our engagement with China and this round of ACSRF – Joint Research Centres.
Applications for this round will close 5pm AEST on 15 November 2017.
Applicants for this round must have an industry-based partner or end user in addition to a Chinese partner, with a focus on one of the following priority areas:
- astronomy related technology, including big data
- new materials in manufacturing
- cross-cutting technologies that will de-risk, scale up and add value to manufactured products
Medical Technologies and Pharmaceuticals
- Effective technologies for individuals to manage their own health care
- Better models of health care and services
Resources and Energy
- Low emission energy production from fossil fuels and other sources
- New clean energy sources and storage technologies and demand response technologies that are efficient, cost-effective and reliable.
Source: Australian Government